Saturday, January 12, 2008

Value Village Idiot

I live on a street that has a Value Village on the corner, so I can't help but drop in on my way home from work. About 3 years ago I started buying up all the coffee makers I could (for $5 CA or less) and sold them on eBay. I made enough to buy an upgraded double sink for my kitchen reno. It was quite a bit of fun. I don't sell on eBay anymore, but I should, to get rid of some stuff.

Mostly I buy clothes -- coats, sweaters, silk blouses, jeans (Diesel jeans for 10 bucks, Donna Karan cashmere sweater for 6). If I had to replace all the good stuff I'd pay thousands of dollars.

Last night I got a little grab-bag (they go for a couple of bucks). Inside was a wooden citrus reamer and a short wooden spoon, a corkscrew, an ice cream scoop, and a kitchen timer still in the package. All looked new/unused. I calculated that my $1.99 CA buy got me $26 CA in stuff. Happy Dance....

No comments: